wa.gov.au All contents copyright Government Western Australia. All rights reserved.
There are plenty of readily available public transport options for staff and visitors who need an alternative way to travel to our medical centre.
- Transperth has a journey planning tool online which you can access yourself, or call in to our TravelSmart Junction and our team can help you navigate your journey! Hardcopy timetables and Transperth information resources are also available from our office.
- Need to purchase or reload your SmartRider card? You can now do this at the TravelSmart Junction.
- Bus stops along Hospital Avenue are located outside of the Oral Health Centre, Perth Children’s Hospital, the Multi-Deck Car Park, G Block, and C Block.
- You can use Google maps to locate the QEII Medical Centre.
- Some DoH staff at QEIIMC may be eligible for a Corporate SmartRider. Please read the full guidelines here for more information.
Staff, visitors and patients can contact TravelSmart for help with route planning to QEIIMC, for information about public transport to QEIIMC, for SmartRider top-ups and sales or about the bike end of trip facilities on campus.
(08) 6457 2927
(08) 6457 4085
E Street, E Block, Ground Floor
Hospital Ave, Queen Elizabeth II Medical Centre
NEDLANDS WA 6009
- Bus Route 24
From St Georges Terrace – Kings Park Road – Thomas Street – Nicholson Road – Hospital Avenue (QEIIMC) – Monash Avenue – Hampden Road – UWA – Claremont, and reverse journey.
- Bus Route 25
From Elizabeth Quay Station– Kings Park Road – Thomas Street – Hamersly Road – Hospital Avenue (QEIIMC) – UWA – Claremont, and reverse journey.
- Bus Route 26
From Terrace Road – St Georges Terrace – Westralia Square – Kings Park Road – Hospital Avenue (QEIIMC) – Hollywood Private Hospital, and reverse journey.
- Bus 103
From St Georges Terrace – Kings Park Road – Hospital Avenue (QEIIMC) – Hampden Road (UWA) – Stirling Highway – Fremantle, and reverse journey.
- Bus Route 950 – From Morley Bus Station – Beaufort Street – Wellington Street – William Street – Elizabeth Quay Bus Station – Mounts Bay Road – UWA – Hospital Avenue (QEIIMC), and reverse journey.
- Bus Route 96
From the Leederville train station – Hospital Avenue (QEIIMC) – Hampden Road / Stirling Highway – Hackett Drive / Parkway. Does not run on weekends.
- Bus Route 97
From the Subiaco train station – Rokeby Road – Nicholson Road – Hospital Avenue (QEIIMC) – Hampden Road – UWA, and reverse journey. Does not run on weekends.
- Circle Route 998 and 999
Travels in a circle route outside the city to QEIIMC, UWA and various shopping centres. Links to Stirling train station, Shenton Park train station and the University of Western Australia. Services the following suburbs en route: Stirling, Balcatta, Innaloo, Floreat, Wembley, Jolimont, Daglish, Subiaco, Shenton Park and Karrakatta. Buses 998 and 999 travel the same route, but in opposite directions to each other. Make sure you are catching the correct service!
Connections to Train Services
- Joondalup line
Take the train to Stirling Station, then catch the Circle Route bus (No. 999, and No. 998 to return).
- Midland and Armadale/Thornlie line
Take a train into Perth Station, then travel out on the Fremantle line, or disembark at Perth Station and take bus No. 950 from Wellington Street.
- Fremantle line
Travel through to Subiaco Station and catch the Subiaco Shuttle (No. 97), or through to Shenton Park Station to connect to the Circle Route (No. 999, and No. 998 to return).
- Mandurah line
Take a train to Elizabeth Quay Station, then catch bus No. 950 from the Elizabeth Quay Bus Station.
Purple CAT bus coming to QEIIMC in 2022!
Great news for those on public transport with a new Purple CAT being created to travel from Elizabeth Quay Bus Station to the QEII Medical Centre and the University of Western Australia, via Kings Park Road and Thomas Street. View the route of the Purple CAT on a map by clicking here.
Services will commence on Sunday, 27 February 2022 to align with the start of the University year.
The Red and Blue CATs will also incorporate some changes to better link all of the services and will come into effect from 5 December 2021.