wa.gov.au All contents copyright Government Western Australia. All rights reserved.
The QEIIMC Trust will continue to manage the demands for campus services and the increase in facilities coming to the QEIIMC Reserve as per the Queen Elizabeth II Medical Centre Act 1966 and the Queen Elizabeth II Medical Centre (Delegated Site) By-Laws 1986. The QEIIMC Master Plan for these facilities can be viewed here.
About the Redevelopment
Since 2010 numerous exciting redevelopment projects have been completed:
- A new Central Energy Plant
- A Comprehensive Cancer Centre, which combines multiple oncology treatment areas into one location
- New PathWest laboratories, including high level physical containment facilities
- A new Mental Health Unit
- The Harry Perkins Institute of Medical Research (formerly the Western Australian Institute of Medical Research)
- A new Western Power substation which provides additional power capacity to the QEII Medical Centre and surrounding suburbs
- Ronald McDonald House, which provides free accommodation to the families of children that must travel great distances for their treatment
- A Multi-Deck Car Park, which provides over 3,000 additional parking bays for patients, visitors and staff
- The Ralph and Patricia Sarich Neuroscience Research Institute
- Perth Children’s Hospital
- The SCGH Piazza
The centrally located prime space where F Block once stood is adjacent to the busy Hospital Avenue thoroughfare and has now been repurposed into an exciting new piazza. This space includes drop- off/pick-up bays, short term parking and a landscaped forecourt connecting the existing G and E Block hospital entrances. This development provides a welcoming entrance and green space for patients, visitors and staff accessing Sir Charles Gairdner Hospital via the main traffic thoroughfare of Hospital Avenue, as well as easing traffic congestion on Hospital Avenue.